Debbie Milliern/The Packet
Shortly after 1 a.m. Monday, the Westbrooks family at 736 West View Lane Road were awakened by a buzzing noise. When Danny Westbrooks went to investigate the noise, he noticed that the dishwasher in the kitchen was on fire. Westbrooks was able to get his family members and his dog from the house but he said he couldn’t get to the four cats that were in the house.
The fire was worked by District 2 Volunteers and the Columbus Air Force Base Fire Department, as well as Columbus Fire and Rescue.
Danny and Camille Westbrooks along with their visiting daughter and their grandmother and dog were safely removed from the house.
If you would like to help the Westbrooks family, please send donations to The Packet at 702 Hwy 45 Suite 2 Columbus, MS 39701.
[wzslider autoplay=”true” interval=”5000″ lightbox=”true”] 0