Columbus Firefighters raced to 1124 Shady Street in Northside Columbus Sunday morning after neighbors called E-911 to report a house on fire. Witnesses told homeowner Robert William that they had heard a loud “boom” minutes before smoke began pouring from the rear of his shotgun style home. Firefighters attached a main hose to a hydrant on 11th Avenue North and momentarily stood by while Columbus Light and Water crews disconnected the area from the main neighborhood power grid (to prevent the firefighters from the risk of electrocution.) The inside of the home suffered severe fire and smoke damage and will likely be considered a total loss. Home owner Robert William told The Packet his daughter lived there with her family, but fortunately was in Starkville at an overnight Boy Scout event at Seminole Camp Grounds.
The Packet is asking our readers to help any way that they can with clothing, toiletries and supplies. The Beasley family lost all of their possessions.
Call 662-329-8905 to help.