займы онлайн займ на карту займ онлайн микрозайм онлайн займы на карту микрозаймы на карту микрозаймы онлайн микрозайм на карту кредит онлайн на карту микрокредит онлайн займ на карту онлайн займ онлайн на карту срочный займ на карту кредит на карту срочный займ займы онлайн на карту займы на карту онлайн кредит на карту срочно онлайн кредит на карту срочные займы онлайн займ на карту микрокредит онлайн на карту микрокредиты онлайн быстрый займ на карту кредиты онлайн на карту онлайн займ кредит на карту онлайн микрозаймы онлайн на карту кредит срочно займы на карту срочно займ на карту срочно микрокредит на карту займ на карту мгновенно быстрые займы на карту займ онлайн круглосуточно займ денег взять займ онлайн займ быстрый займ онлайн микрозайм на карту срочно быстрые займы онлайн онлайн займы онлайн займы на банковскую карту срочные займы на карту микрокредиты на карту онлайн кредиты на карту взять кредит онлайн на банковскую карту микрозайм срочный кредит займы онлайн на карту срочно

Murder on Military

Sunday morning, as the local bars were clearing out around 1:30 am, shots rang out in Downtown Columbus. The residents of Sandpiper Apartments, located at the intersection of 8th Street and 3rd Avenue North, were awakened by the booming repetition of a .40 caliber handgun. Some dismissed the noise as fireworks, others knew it was a gun, but no one was in any hurry to go outside to investigate.
Moments later, Quinton Hinson, (driving southbound on Military Road), nearly ran over a prone figure lying in the street. Hinson got out of his car to check on the person, a white male in his mid-30s. The man lay in the middle of the southbound lane, ten feet from the concrete retaining wall that runs behind Sandpiper Apartments. He was face down with a pool of blood quickly pouring from several gunshot wounds. Hinson then ran to the apartments and banged on the door of Karen Winter. Winter heard several of the shots and when Hinson came to her door, she called 911.
Lowndes E-911 quickly dispatched police, fire and an ambulance to the scene in reference to a shooting victim. Officers Kenneth Brewer and Fred Grammer were the first to arrive. When they pulled up the the intersection, Hinson ran up to them, yelling, “He’s in the road behind the apartments!” Grammer followed his directions and came upon the body, roughly 100 feet north of 3rd Avenue. The scene was secured and the ambulance and firefighters were brought in to see to the man.
Tedd Thomas Wood, 35, of 905 5th Avenue North, was identified as the victim of multiple gunshots. The majority of the wounds (a total of 12) were to his back, with the 13th striking him in the head. Wood was pronounced dead and Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant was called to handle the body.[Several law enforcement sources told The Packet that the excessive number of gunshots typically would indicate that the shooter knew the victim personally, and may have had a score to settle. Unlike several recent murders in The Friendly City, there is no drug activity suspected as of this point in the investigation, but the crime is not necessarily suspected to be a “random act of violence.”-Ed”] While Baptist paramedics Ron Nives and Sharron Williams tended to Wood, Officers Brewer and Grammer taped off the scene and started questioning the residents of the apartment building. Depending on their proximity to the body, they each reported hearing a different number of shots. Twelve .40 caliber shell casings were found in the street, along with several bullet fragments.
Investigator Amanda Burrell arrived to process the crime scene, taking all the casings and fragments into evidence.
Tedd Wood was seen leaving Zachary’s just after 1:00 am, walking to his home on 5th Avenue North. Witnesses told The Packet that Wood was not drunk when he left the bar. His route likely led him from 5th Street North down 3rd Avenue North past the apartments where he ran into trouble of some kind. It is as yet unclear what led to the shooting. The Columbus Police Department has released surveillance video from the area that shows the attacker leaving the scene.(Available on The Columbus Packet website Thursday) The investigation is ongoing.
Wood, a native of Stuart, Florida, moved to Columbus from California about two years ago. He worked at Eurocopter until recently leaving to further his education. Wood’s parents told The Packet that he was enrolled at EMCC and had a part-time job as a clerk at Sunflower. He was on his way to becoming an electrician. Wood had recently been attending First United Methodist Church in Columbus. He had no extensive criminal history.
Memorial services will be handled by Lowndes Funeral Home.



  1. Thump

    Please start putting dates on these articles…confusing enough without you playing WCBI and The dispatch. We thought it was murder number 4!!

    • raindancer

      Is it not murder #4 technically? This was published today. Even if it is not officially connected, it is still 4 murders in the last week in Columbus.

  2. JohnnyPhillipMorris

    Any truth to the rumors on the street that the victims had paid Mexicans for drugs with counterfeit currency. One victim allegedly had his throat cut.

  3. Any updates on this? It’s been years and there’s a few internet communities that had feeling for this man and still winder what really happened. Is this a cold case now? Does no one care?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>