Janica Jackson and her two young children, niece and sister were staying with her mother, Lizzie Jackson, at 54 Pierce Street when a fire started in the kitchen and quickly spread throughout the home. Columbus Fire Department and Lowndes County Volunteer Firefighters both responded to the blaze, but the family’s belongings were lost due to intense smoke and water damage. The family also lost their two year old pet hamster, Leah, in the fire. The house caught fire again just before five Friday morning, turning what was left of the gutted home into rubble. The smoldering remains caught fire a third time shortly after 10 the same morning.
Please contact Janica with any donations at 216-466-4711 or The Columbus Red Cross at 662-328-5710.
Clothing sizes are: Adults: 10, 12, Large and Medium. Junior size 3, Kids sizes 14 slim, 9, 8 and 5, Medium and Small. Shoe sizes are 6 1/2, 7, 7 1/2, 8 and 9. Kids shoes size 13 1/2.