At their June 30 meeting, the Columbus Exchange Club awarded donations to several organizations in Columbus and Lowndes County.
“The reason we joined the Exchange Club is to raise money to support these local organizations that have a positive effect on the children of our community,” said Exchange President Keith Bryan. “These organizations either directly or indirectly impact the goal of the national Exchange Club, which is the prevention of child abuse. By supporting these organizations, we are doing our part to have a positive and sometimes life-changing influence on Columbus and Lowndes County.”
The recipients this year, and the amount received, were:
- Hearts After School: $1,000.
- Pushmataha Area Council of the Boy Scouts: $1,000.
- Safe Haven: $1,000.
- YMCA: $1,000.
- Girl Scouts: $1,000.
- The Father’s Child Ministry: $1,000.
- Boys and Girls Club: $1,000.
- First Book: $1,000.
- Columbus Girlchoir: $350.
- Contact Helpline: $500.
- Loaves and Fishes: $500.
- Camp Rising Sun: The Exchange Club furnished pizza for a camp meal on June 9, 2011.